The pretty village of Pampisford has a history which extends back to 1086 when details of the village were first recorded. The village was known as “Pampisworth” until the mid 17th Century. More history of the village is available at the British History website.

The church is the only surviving medieval building, and Rectory Farm, the old vicarage, and The Chequers are all that remain of a number of 16th- and 17th-century farm-houses.